1. Pre entries close Saturday, June 6, 2013. Post-entries will be accepted until Thursday, June 13, 2013. No NEW entries will be taken after 8:00 p.m. Thursday, June 13, 2013.
2. Pre entries (June 6, 2013 and before) are $4.00 per class for adults. Junior classes are $3.00 per class and youth classes are $2.50 per class. Adult cattle classes are $9.00 per class. Junior cattle classes are $8.00 per class and the Youth cattle class is $7.50.
Post entries-(after June 6, 2013) are $6.00 per class for adults, juniors are $5.00 per class and youth are $4.50 per class. Adult cattle classes are $11.00 per class, junior cattle classes are $10.00 per class and the youth cattle class is $9.50 per class.
3. Contestants already registered may add or delete classes, HOWEVER, if adding additional classes, this MUST BE DONE at least 3 classes before the event.
4. No refund of entry fees after the show starts, 8: 00 a.m. Friday, June 14, 2013. A refund request must be made in writing. Classes canceled because of weather conditions are non refundable.
5. The Judge/Show Committee have the right to excuse any animal or handler from the arena and the show for abuse, unmanageability, profane language or unsportsmanship like conduct. This will be strictly enforced. The judge's decision is final.
6. Animals may be shown by different handlers in different classes, but may only be entered ONCE in each class.
7. Each animal will be issued a number, which must accompany that animal in each class.
8. Participants must be ready to enter the arena when their class is called. Gate holds will be allowed for tack and clothes changes and MAY NOT EXCEED 3 MINUTES. No late contestants allowed into arena once the class has started and gate is closed.
9 The use of mechanical hackamores, tiedowns, running martingales, drawreins nosebands or other training equipment and using 2 hands with a curbed bit may cause elimination in performance classes. This equipment will be allowed in game events, driving events and kindergarten western pleasure and cattle events.
10. There will be no "re-rides" or "second-chances" for equipment failure/breakage. If a contestant cannot complete the class as is then the contestant will be excused from that class.
11. There are 3 divisions of classes: Adult 18 and over, Junior 17 to 13 and Youth 12 and under. Contestants in Youth classes must be 12 years or under as of January 1, 2013, Junior contestants must be 13 to 17 years old as of January 1, 2013.
12. ATTN YOUTH AND JUNIORS: Contestants may compete as an adult for adult high point awards but cannot enter in both age groups If a youth or junior wishes to compete in the adult classes for points they need to enter in adult classes only and pay adult entry fees. If a junior or youth decides to enter in these classes, points earned in these classes will not be applied to youth or junior high point totals.
13. Grand & Reserve Champion Awards will be awarded immediately following each section of halter class, but presentation of Hi Point awards will be awarded at the show office at the conclusion of Sundays show.
14 . All owners are encouraged to have a current brand inspection and/or Coggins and Health papers on all of their animals.
15. Pickup your entry numbers at the show office.
16. All stock must be tied up or in pens. No loose stock.
17. SAFETY CONCERN: No-one under 18 years old is to be riding or driving jacks outside of arena unless accompanied by owner of the jack.
18. All contestants, vendors, and spectators must purchase admittance.
NO DOGS, EQUINES OR BICYCLES ALLOWED WEST OF GRANDSTANDS FENCE --
OR IN THE GRANDSTAND.
Mules and Donkeys generally HATE dogs.
If you want to keep your dog alive, KEEP IT ON A LEASH.
GENERAL RULES AND
Marilyn & Jim Stromberg
Montana Longears Association.
1016 Fletcher Lane
Stevensville, MT 59870